Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Your ways are higher than my ways.

"Your ways are higher than our ways, and the plans you have made are good and true. If you call us to the fire, you will not withdraw your hand, we'll gaze into the flames and look for you."

I don't like to learn hard lessons. I don't like learning from my own mistakes. I don't like to learn from going through struggles.... But I know that they refine me. I know that they are what transform my bad habits and I know they teach me in a way that lasts.

At the end of the day I know whose throne I bow before, and whose feet I humbly kneel before. I know whose heart loves me unconditionally and whose hands I choose to place my own heart into. I know who knows MUCH more than I do and only has my best interests in mind.

"Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident." Psalm 27:3

2 comments:

phatcatholic said...

Where does the first quotation in your blog post come from?

Anonymous said...

It is a song by Vinyard:

If You say go, we will go
If You say wait, we will wait
If You say step out on the water
And they say it can't be done
We'll fix our eyes on You and we will come

Your ways are higher than our ways
And the plans that You have laid
Are good and true
If You call us to the fire
You will not withdraw Your hand
We'll gaze into the flames and look for You

Blessings