Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Plan.

"God's secret plan has now been revealed to us; it is a plan centered on Christ, designed long ago according to His good pleasure. And this is His plan: At the right time He will bring everything together under the authority of Christ-- everything in heaven and on earth. Furthermore, because of Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for He chose us from the beginning, and all things happen just as He decided long ago. God's purpose was that we who were the first to trust in Christ should praise our glorious God."

Ephesians 1:9-12



God promised long ago that He's going to bring everything together. EVERYTHING. That means me not going to Brasil, my best friend passing away, family not being Christians, and everything else that seems HOW THE HECK is that from God? But everything is going to come together. I think that I've already started to catch a very, very small glimpse of it all. I know that I wouldn't be the person that I am today without every little thing that has happened in my life.
I realize that I wouldn't be able to trust God the way I do now.
I wouldn't have had to depend on Him like I do now.
I wouldn't be as strong as I am now.
I wouldn't have the faith that God changes.
I wouldn't understand that bad things work for the glory of God.

God's plan is better than anything I could EVER imagine. It was planned out a long time ago. And every little thing that has happened was planned. It didn't just happen by accident, and this was what God planned in His orginal plan. He didn't decided that I could no longer handle things and change His mind. God's purpose in my life was that I should praise Him. So that's what I'm going to do.

He loves me more than I can imagine. So I know, and trust with all my heart that something good is going to come out of this. It has to; because I serve a God that is only good.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Not only is God's plan for good, his timing is perfect. Sometimes, while in the midst of it, we wonder about his timing, but when all is said and done, we look back and see - wow! amazing weaving of people, events, and timing!