Sunday, December 21, 2008

My God Dominates.

"LORD, to whom would we go? You alone have the words that give eternal life. We believe them, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

I was shocked by what my friend had asked me the other day. She had asked me.. "Nikita you've been through SO much this past year. Why didn't you turn your back on the God you serve? And how could a God so good allow something like that to happen to you?" It caught me SO off guard. I don't know why.. It was something that I've been thinking a lot about lately. The only answer that I was able to reply to her was, "Well.. I trust my God with my everything and He knows what's best for me. I don't exactly understand it, but I know without a doubt that He's in control of my life."

My friend isn't a Christian, and she still didn't understand. She said that it didn't make sense me continuing to follow my God even though He's put me through SO much. And she told me that it just seemed as though He'd abandoned me. Why hadn't I just chosen to follow something else, something more fulfilling. By that point my only reply was; I love God, and He loves me and He's with me always, and He'd NEVER leave or fore sake me.

This was a couple days ago. And I've just been thinking a lot about it. My response was SO weak. I should have been able to just drop down a sermon, or just be able to explain to her a little more about what was going through my head. My friend and I have these types of talks often, and she's really actually help me grow in my faith. I was both amazed and in awe of her observations. She had noticed the way that I had taken in the situation. She had noticed that I was going through something very hard. She'd noticed more than some of my Christian friends. She had noticed that I had chosen God.

That verse in John says it all. There wasn't anyone else who could have helped me through everything this year. There wasn't anyone who could have comforted me the way God did. There wasn't ANYONE that could of orchestrated such an intricate incredible plan that worked together for the furtherance of the gospel (Philippians 1:12).

Choosing God wasn't the hard part. Running to Him in times of trouble wasn't the hard part. Receiving His comfort and love wasn't the hard part. The hard part was seeing Him within the difficulty. But once I saw Him... It was incredible. Seeing God within the difficulty blew me away. I saw Him at work; I saw His helping hand within the entire situation, and mostly I saw just how much He loved me. He hadn't just left me there to fend for myself. He had come along side me and bore the biggest burdens onto His shoulders. He was right there fighting the battle, as a strong and noble warrior. The creator of the entire universe was there fighting along side me!! God didn't abandon me during my struggles, He was right there in full out battle on my behalf.

It's something I can't describe in full, but it's something I hold onto. Something that reminds me of how great that God is that I serve. He's willing to suffer with me, in fact He has suffered for me. And it continually astounds me every single day!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am almost crying with delight at reading your blog this morning! Wow! I really believe with you that you are exactly where God wants you. Your pre-Christian friends are noticing your struggles, responses, and deep rooted faith. what a great picture of Christ you are presenting (even without the sermon! - ever notice, Jesus' words weren't too long either). Keep on standing strong, Nikita. I, and many others, are praying for you! Love you!