Friday, December 16, 2011

Twelve Day Christmas Prayer Challenge [5]

Day Five: Five Golden Rings.
Objective: Pray for five marriages.

Reflection: Today was good, prayed for my parents and four other couples. I also prayed for myself and other single people that I know of. Straight forward and good.


Today I was also reminded of hope, faith and love. Still need to work on them, on believing them in my heart. But today my head was lifted. For all the times that I wished that these situations that I've gone through haven't happened, for all the times that I wished this pain would be taken away and for all the times where I just haven't understood the purpose behind all the effort I put into just getting through the day. I took it all back. I completely trusted in the plan that He had for me. I realized that it was part of a greater purpose. I realized how my character was was being refined. I realized how I am learning what endurance means, and what it takes to run a race with endurance. I realized that this was at where I was closest with God. I depend on Him for every single moment, every single thing and rely on His strength to simply make it through another day.


I had lost sight that all these things are worth it. Are worth the pain and everything else that I've given up or lost. God is WORTH IT and I have had a new understanding that He is ENOUGH. Getting through the day which seemed impossible with His help, makes Him rejoice over me. Putting my physical pain aside to study and do other things makes Him exclaim in joy. Choosing Him and His help to get through a tough day His strength is amplified within me. It's not even the prize at the end that motivated me today, it wasn't the promise of Him using this time because sometime in the future it was going to be used for the greater good of His purpose. Today it was simply, because He has called me to it, I will bear it under His name. It was simply because He loved me, and I trusted in that fact. I trusted in His promise that He knows what's best for me.


I'm thankful for Him this evening. I am thankful for this new revelation He has given me. I pray that it'll be here to stay. That these truths will resound in my heart for the rest of my life and I will have unwavering confidence to walk this path that the Lord has chosen for me.

No comments: