Friday, January 6, 2012

Mexico... A new beginning.

We were driving…Simply driving to my new home here in Mexico for the next two months. My thoughts were set upon lounging poolside and walking on the magnificent beaches. My concentration was on how tanned I could become in two months and how many new friends I would make. But then we started driving. My eyes saw the streets of Mexico. They saw the poor beautiful lady who sat on the corner making her living by selling clothing. They saw the men hard at work just to provide the simple necessities for their families. And most moving of all, the children; smiling from ear to ear simply enjoying life.

My heart was ignited. My heart burned with a passion, it burned with a desire, it burned with a burden and a weight that God has set upon it. There was no way that I could just sit the the car and not feel my heart burn with the intensity that God had created in me years ago. My heart was leaping out of my chest as I was reminded once again that I have been ruined for the ordinary. I no longer can live a normal life, ignoring other people as though they don't matter to me. All the selfishness that I had built up in my life, and all the concentration that I had put on myself these past months vanished. I have come to the realization of the greater purpose God has put into motion for my life. A life centred on not my own needs, but the need I feel in the depth of my being to help this world.

For some time now, I haven't felt the passion as I did today in the car. Somehow, I'm not exactly sure how, but somehow it was lost along my journey. Where I mattered most in the world, my pain trumped the burdens that God had placed on my heart. My heartaches trumped the aches that He had placed on my heart for this world. It became natural to satisfy my own needs, rather than the needs of those Jesus has called me too.

If His purpose for me wasn't evident when it first appeared when I was little, growing up Mother Teresa was my idol, for if it wasn't enough when God confirmed that calling in Thailand for the very first time or however many hundreds of more times as I travelled the world under His name. It was confirmed right then and there. He confirmed it when I was least expecting it. On a vacation, a trip which was of course dedicated to Him, but not necessarily completely focused on His work. The purpose for my life was once again revealed to me in an overwhelming way. A purpose to serve those who need to comprehend love, comfort those who are in pain, love those who feel abandoned, cherish those who have nobody, give hope to those who have lost much and reveal the almighty characteristics of a wonderful God to those who God has placed before me.

My heart once again beats in sync with the Lords and it is ablaze to serve Him wholeheartedly while down here in Mexico. I pray for opportunity and I surrender my entire vacation, my entire being and my entire life to fulfilling His purpose He has for my life.

2 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

:) Love ya!

Becky said...

Nikita,
Your writing is inspiring. It will be exciting to continue to read about your heart's desires in action. Keep posting, and keep fighting the good fight! Love you!