Thursday, October 9, 2008

TREK Training...

Where do I even start? Oh my word. I have learned SO much. I love it here. It's been incredible. I love all the people here they're all amazing. There are nineteen of us here living at the Mark Centre. Everyone here is from Canada except one girl from South Dakota. SO we've been here for just over a month now. Here's a quick recap on what we've done and what's gone on so far.

Whistler Get Away- We stayed in this incredible chalet, it was amazing!! God's creation is good.

Grande Tour of Abbotsford- one of the most interesting cities i've ever been to ;)

48 Hour silence retreat-Which was actually incredible. I heard God in ways that I never thought were imaginable.

Amazing TREK- consisted over 14 hours of intense physical & mental exertion of melting a t-shirt with only your body heat, sticking our heads completely under pudding, eating nasty foods, playing bigger and better, getting three dollars worth of pennies from the fountain and much MUCH more!!

Widgeon Creek- canoeing and hiking trip! An amazing time in God's glorious creation. Witnessing peace and calm.

People- The people here are just absolutly incredible!!!! I love them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much, that might even be an understatement!! Like seriously. I feel like i've known them for ages. It's pretty sweet!

So yah, those are like the main fun events. It's all been incredible. The thing that's effected me the most is everything that i've learned so far! It's just sweet. Week one was Orientation. Week two was Hearing God's Voice. Week three was Personal Holiness. Week four was Team Building/The Church. Week Five has been Spiritual Authority. But I have learned more this month than I have learned in like my entire life. I feel like i've grown and become a stronger, more mature Christian.

I am heading to Sao Paulo, Brazil. I city of over twenty-one million people. The nightengales who we are going to be helping down there now own a property of tropical rainforest. It's going to be incredible they're starting a new camping ministry. That we get the honor and privledge of helping them start up. It's going to be an incredible experience that I am so stoked for!




No comments: