Sunday, October 23, 2011

Overwhelmed.

It was one of those days today.

One of those days where I had, had enough. Where my pain had become overwhelming. I knew that He promised that He wouldn't give me more than I could handle... but He must have made a mistake: because there was no way I could handle the pain that I was in today.

Most days I can cope. I can look beyond my pain and see Jesus. I see Him suffering and realize that my pain had already been paid for. I can push the pain aside and continue on with normal life.

Today I couldn't. I was hurting. My entire back was throbbing and my headache was unbearable. I couldn't look past my own pain, I couldn't focus on anything else but it. It became all consuming and I lost sight of the Lord.

At church tonight, I kept saying No. I didn't want to be open to the Holy Spirit. I wasn't ready to be filled once again. I resisted the love that I knew that was being showered down all around me. I stood back from the worship of the good and mighty God... But it didn't work. He overwhelmed me. He overwhelmed me with a love that cannot be described. A flood came pouring over me and filled every single crack that had formed within me. I felt Him touch me, love me and tell me that He cared so much about me. He told me that my pain wasn't my pain, that He wanted it, that He was taking it, and as a matter of fact, He had already dealt with it.

It had been one of those overwhelming days, but it ended with overwhelming love.

No comments: