Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Simply do it.

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

I realize how I've lived my life in differently in different situations. It's easy for me to live out a life of love to my friends, it's easy for me to have a servant heart when I am overseas. When I am overseas it is effortless for me to understand what it means to pray without ceasing. It is clear for me to grasp that I need to ask God constantly throughout the day who He wants me to talk to and what exactly He wants me to do.

I didn't do things because I wanted recognition. I did them simply because God wanted me to. I didn't care if people noticed that I had just done the dishes for three hours by myself, I knew that God had called me there to be a servant and it was treasures in Heaven that I was working towards. It was pretty straightforward that when God said do something I did it for Him as a shining light, and I did it to the best of my ability.

And I feel my heart being tugged to do the same thing here. And I am feeling challenged to do without a fuss, and without complaining that it is too hard. But just to simply do it.

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the World of Truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

I humbly accept what God's will is for my life today. I respectfully ask for the strength to do it. I pray that my eyes don't leave Him, even for a moment so that His Kingdom may be furthered.

No comments: