Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pain.

It's been one of those weeks...

I have felt really drained lately... Just feeling sick of being tired and just plain tired of feeling sore. I thought that I would have been healed by now, but I'm not. I thought that my headaches would have lessened, but lately they seem worse. I thought that I could pretend that everything was alright, but it's not. I lately have lost the drive to get up and keep fighting every day. It seems as though the harder I try not to let this affect me the more it really has. I quickly lose sight of the miracle that happened that day. The fight that I've been fighting seems more and more un-winnable.

My pain isn't on the outside in the form of scars, bandages or broken limbs. I've quickly realized that also my strength isn't on the outside in the form of muscles, knowledge or abilities. As I pour all my energy into pretending I am alright, I realize that my energy needs to be focused on the One who really matters: God.

I’m running to your arms, I’m running to your arms.
The riches of your love will always be enough.
Nothing compares to your embrace.
Light of the world forever reign.

Into His arms once again I race. I am reminded that His grace is sufficient for me and that His power is made perfect in my weakness. Though I am not particularly comfortable at the moment, I am still confident in His flawless plan and though I go through pain daily, I know I am LOVED beyond compare. And that is where I find my comfort.

“Through Him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the Glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character and character produces hope and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit ho has been given to us.”
Romans 5:2-5

I need to remember that I am adored by Him. I need to be reminded that I am cherished by Him. I need to keep in mind that I have been chosen by Him. I need to recognize that I am the apple of His eye. I need to understand that I am a daughter of light. I need to acknowledge that I am of VALUE to Him.

1 comment:

Stacy Kaye said...

Oh honey...I'm so sorry. I wish I could take that pain away from you. Living with constant pain like that can be so incredibly wearing on a person. I'm praying God's release and relief for you. Take it EASY.