Sunday, January 10, 2010

It has Begun!

And the story begins. It begins with a girl listening, desiring and responding to God's call of the Gospel. A girl with no clue what she is doing, but is relying moment to moment on God's faithfulness, unceasing love and compassion. Where God leads I will follow....

And here we go!There is just something so amazing, so touching, and just so enlightening about bilingual prayer. I don't know what it is; but it moves me, it makes me want to pray harder. Something about the body of Christ coming together as one to worship and petition on behalf of an Almighty God takes my breath away. It excites me and readys me for what is to come. That as I have come here from around the world, not bringing God to these people but have come to share in God together as brothers and sisters in Christ. God has reminded me of that early on here in India! And I am humbled and thankful for that. I am here to yes; bring people to Christ, and further The Kingdom, but also to do life with these people; share in their joy, ache with their broken hearts, mourn in their loss, marvel in their triumps, and to be a part of what a magnificent God is doing on the streets of India.

So this is where my journey begins... on my knees listening to Gods voice, praying for His leading while down here in India, seeking His wisdom in my every move, in my heart declaring for Thy will to be done not mine, and soaking in His glorious presence.

I invite you along for this amazing journey He has set out before me. The goal: for God's love to refine me, for it to become what defines me.

2 comments:

Becky said...

So thrilled for you and the journey!! And so glad we get to "come along" with you in prayer and through your posts. (you write well!!) Love you!

Stacy Kaye said...

I'm praying for you girl. You are always on my heart and my mind. When I am awake in the night, you are the first one I think of and I pray for you right then and there. Keep doing what you are doing...living in the light and love of our Father!