Saturday, January 23, 2010

What a BIG God!

God isn't confined by brick walls. He isn't defined by mud huts. He resides within the tent shacks. He flows throughout the bamboo homes. He drapes Himself over the garbage mounds. His scent is evident even through the exhaust and smog. He is alive alongside the millions and millions of different people that call Chennai home.

God is bigger than we can comprehend. He knows my dreams. He understands my desires. He created my passions, and lit the flame to my heart that blazes for Him. My plans are big, and with revelation from God rightfully should be. My hopes are go beyond even what I can imagine. My vision is nothing less than moving mountains in His name.

All these things are gifts from God. Though my dreams may seem bigger than me, and even though my vision may seem impossible GOD IS MIGHTY! God is HUGE! He created the universe with one breath. And with one Man He conquered death. He's big enough to accomplish my dreams. I am just thankful He has chosen me to go along for the journey.

It was hard being here without a team. But I have started to realize what pray without ceasing truly means. I've been talking to Jesus CONSTANTLY since being here. Since He is the ONLY one that understands me fully, He is the one that KNOWS where I come from. He's the one that knows my culture. Heck He made me! SO that's been really comforting to realize. Since I don't know anyone here I've been forced (in a good way) to get to know everyone here a lot better, and it's good to be COMPLETLY immersed in the culture. I really do get to live as the Indians do here. I'm thankful for that.

But it's becoming habit to talk to Him so regularly, and constantly I'm really THANKFUL for that!!!!! Its crazy how much He has to say to us; as long as we take the time to ask, talk and LISTEN!! What a good God we serve!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hi! I saw a girl who reminded me of you today. She was in Vancouver, dancing in the streets. It made me think how you loved a party - and how wonderful heaven will be - dancing in the streets! I can hardly wait! Stay close to Him - love reading about your journey! Any pictures of the kids or the place where you are staying?