Friday, December 18, 2009

He turns my darkness into Light!

You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light.
2 Samuel 22:29

Theres something I've come to learn that is completely authentic, always dependable and utterly undeniable; and it's that God's characteristics NEVER change. No matter what is happening with my life, no matter the hardship, no matter the love that I feel, it is constant.

You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.
Psalm 18:28

The love that I feel coming out of church, is the same love that He gives and shows me when I lose someone that I love. The grace that He showers over me when I'm sitting here is just the same as while I'm living in sin. The compassion He exudes is unending. The power of salvation CONSTANTLY covers my head. His holy presence abundantly flows encompassing my entire life. His comfort is plentiful not only during the easy times, but throughout the tough times. My trust in Him overflows daily. And I pray that my knowledge of Him deepens with every breath.

When His lamp shone upon my head and by His light I walked through darkness!
Job 29:3

I understand from my past that when darkness strikes alongside there is ALWAYS light. Though it may be small nevertheless it is ALWAYS there. It may be hard to see in the current situation but again it never ceases to be there. I realize it is hard to see God against all situations, but He NEVER fails to grab onto our hand and reveal to us His Majesty. I know that it is easy to focus all our attention towards the tough times, but continuously God pulls our minds from it, and there we are left gazing into His magnificent eyes.

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.
Isaiah 42:16

And that is where I kneel today, before a Savior who completes me. Arms completely stretched and hands completely open. Comforted in the knowledge that every tear is caught in his hands. Gazing into a majestic God, who a hundred times over will save me, a thousand times over will fight on behalf of me, and a million times over will remind me of this AMAZING love He has for me; as a father beaming down at His precious daughter.

1 comment:

Stacy Kaye said...

Good girl...I'm proud of you, like always! Keep that beautiful light that you are shining. I have been praying for the comfort of God's great big arms to be surrounding you!