Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm a Missionary.



Isaiah 61


"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed. He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord’s favor has come"





It's not where I get sent. But it's what I am there to do. I don't care where I go anymore. I just want to serve those who need to be served. Come alongside the brokenhearted, show them God's compassion, mercy and grace. And I really think that i've really grown a lot. And I'm just ready to go where God calls me. Because in the end that's where I am going to end up. And that's were the fruit is going to be produced. So God right now is calling me to Brasil, and now I am going there. As long as I can serve those who need God, then I'm there. Fully engaged and fully ready to serve them with every part of me that I've got, and any part that I don't got-Jesus will shine through. I'm so excited for Brasil now. It took a few weeks to get to this place... but I really feel that God's will is becoming more and more evident in my life. Everytime I spend time with Him in the quite place. And everytime I pray, and becomemore and more intimate with Him. It's not so much where I am going, it's what I am going to do.


And that's something that really has settled in latley, and something that I've really had to accept and really believe in my heart. Staying in Abbotsford, while the rest of the teams went out was really hard. It just seems like they get to serve, and we're just stuck here waiting around. But I was called to serve the brokenhearted, those in need, those who have lost hope, those who are mourning. And I really think feel like God has been teaching me that I don't have to leave the country to find that. And that I am not just a missionary as soon as I go overseas. It starts now, and I have been called to serve. I will go to the corners of the earth, and I am ready. But if God wants me here. Then I am willing.

No comments: