Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Cross

Nine months ago on the first of the month, my world was turned upside down.

"But though he cause grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love; for he does not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men." Lamentations 3:32-33

I've learned a lot of things these past nine months.
I think the biggest and most important thing that I've learned over these months have been my deepening understanding of the cross.

The knowledge and faith that once something has been brought to the foot of the cross it is no longer our burden.
The comprehension of the defeat of our sins by the blood.
The power to grasp the cleansing power of this blood.
The beauty of a Savior who in our place took on the agonies of Hell, and suffered beyond anything in our wildest imaginations.
The picture that was painted of a God who's unconditional love goes beyond the boundaries of death and reaches down to us individually.
The encouragement that He gives us being able to overcome sufferings of this world.
The compassion and grace that was shown to the children of God.
The majesty of a flawless God who choses to be my friend.

The more I think of it; the more things the cross means to me.

Seven hours Jesus spent on the cross. In seven long minutes my world shattered. In seven days the earth was created. And seven times more will I praise the Lord with my every breath.

"O Lord, my Lord, the strength of my salvation, you have covered my head in the day of battle."Psalm 140:7

1 comment:

Becky said...

Nikita, You inspire me to be even more passionate about Christ! Right now I am reading a book about the emergent church. It is an eye-opener, and a discouragement to think that the next generation might be more in love with their spiritual journey than the actual Spirit of Christ. Then I read your words and smile big! Thanks! Keep proclaiming the true words to all who need to hear them! Love you!