Thursday, March 6, 2014

Peace in the midst of decisions

Decisions need to be made soon. I have absolutely no idea which way to go, which path to go down, which direction He is leading me towards. They say options are a good thing. But options complicate things. Options cause stress; they cause anxiety.

Lord, I have no inclination of what You have ahead of me. No idea which way You will lead me. All paths are paths of healing. Each decision involves being loved back to life. Each option is completely full of You and the victory You bring to me.

Every time I think that I know in which direction that You are leading me towards I immediately change my mind and think again that the other option is just as valid.

However, I hear You throughout all of this. I feel Your presence here. I have peace. A peace that indeed surpasses understanding and my current circumstances. I hear You saying just to simply trust You throughout this entire time. I believe that I have been and I believe that I can trust Him to bring me to the place I need to go and to receive complete healing. I have confidence in that.

Though the decision should weigh me down and my mind should be racing. My initial response is that I am fine. My first thought is God’s got this and I know that God will bring me where I am supposed to go. That God will clear a path for me. He will take me the way that is right, even if it isn’t what I expect or what I would like.  I am committed to His plan no matter how difficult, because He has called me to it.

It doesn’t scare me that I’ll be hard. It just makes the healing and reward afterwards so much better and even more worth it.


After writing this I am actually excited that God is in control and that He has something so special and specific planned out all just for me. How incredible is that?

No comments: