Thursday, August 26, 2010

Trusting in His plan.

"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and they way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." Matthew 7:-13-14

This week has been about trust. As I continue on this journey and as I continue looking at my options, trying to figure out the path God has laid out before me. I have come to realize that my options are many, the potential is great, and the world is available.

As I make major decisions, I look back on my heroes; my role models. Amazing men and woman who have lived out my dreams, done things that I can only imagine and who have radically lived lives full of faith, love and passion. I look back at the humble beginnings of Mother Teresa. I look back at the testimony of a woman, who spent over sixty years overseas on three different continents blazing boldly with the fire of the Holy Spirit. I look at the people I admire greatly who work "normal" 9 to 5 jobs, but whose unceasing love has spread not only to me, but every single person they come into contact with.

As I visualize these people, their lives, and how God has used them, I see the things I value, I see what I treasure and cherish. I see the path God laid out before them. I saw their commitment to a faithful God. I've come to see the that this narrow gate we strive towards on this narrow path of righteousness is broader than I thought before. With the full strength of an all-powerful God calling the shots, I have no limits nor do I have any boundaries.

I see God telling me that these people didn't know or realize when they were my age that they were going to have such an impact on my life, nor do I know the impact that I will one day have on someone else's life. As I make decisions now I see that my commitment to God, my trust in Him, my confidence that He will take me where He wants me, by allowing His conviction into my life, and relying on Him with my everything and my faith that "He who began a good work within [me] will carry it on to completion" is what will take me to my full potential and all that God has in store for me and I don't need to worry about the details between.

No comments: